Thursday, October 29, 2009

XXIII (XXIIV?)

Day 23 of homefries. I'm currently eating them.

first, my bounty from yesterday:
Russet
Purple
Red Creamer
Red
Yukon Gold

I gotted those varieties.


A bunch of local garlic ($1.99 a lb, you seriously cannot go wrong. I used to get the organic $5.99 a lb crap but then I realized, why should I support California organic farmers when God knows NYS farmers have such a hard time getting anything done...damn our laws)

A green pepper, 2 shallots, 2 yellow onions & a red onion.

oh and a pomegranate but that's not for you.


So I woke up late & after analytical came home (where I am now) to shower & eat some food. I am currently missing spanish. oh well.

anyways, 2 yukon gold potatoes, par boiled. Fried, covered, then uncovered & added some roughly chopped garlic, onion, & ginger mint. Cooked. Added a sprinkle of cinnamon & some Fine Herbes (read about Fine Herbes here). Then a little pickle juice.

I served them with leftovers from Amy's Place (YUM!). It's half of the "full" lentil-berry sandwich (which I HIGHLY reccommend).

Anyways, not too bad, but not really as flavorful as I was hoping. I have to go herb shopping today or tomorrow.

Oh I've been listening to this over and over whilst I have cooked/eaten them, it's really beautiful:

No comments:

Post a Comment