Thursday, October 22, 2009

XVII

A few announcements:
I've opened up comments to everyone so even if you don't have a blogger account or whatever you can just comment.
That's the only announcement.

I would like to dedicate tonight's post to my new friend Tara.

so. 4 small potatoes tonight. I've been experimenting with cube sizes. I used to do pretty big hunks but now I'm kinda liking a smaller size.

I put some water over to boil (salted) while I peeled. I diced. Waited. Water boiled. I threw them in.

While the water was boiling I went to get a clove of garlic. I accidentally got a massive clove (the size of 2 cloves) but whatever. chopchopchopchop I love garlic. (Side note: I consume at least a clove of garlic a day. I am starting to smell like it all the time.)

So this is about 2 minutes later and the water is back to a full boil. so I drained them and threw them in a frying pan. Salt and pepper (I went heavy on the pepper) and poured a little olive oil over them. (I don't stir it all up or anything...just leave the salt pepper on top and the oil will spread out).

So I chopped some onion. I am learning that more onion is not necessarily better (same goes with garlic)! The point of homefries is really to showcase the potato and too much onion just kinda ruins it. So go light on it (you can go a little heavier with garlic..I would never go more than 2 cloves probably though....actually 3). Well at this point my onion is chopped and they've been going on high heat about 5 minutes. So I shake them around and stuff.

cover.

I went to chop a thai hot pepper up too (50K-100K on the Scoville scale). I chopped the top off and then ran it under water and just squished it around in my hands to force maybe half the seeds out. Then I roughly chopped it. Some dill too.

Uncover and add everything...garlic onions dill pepper. I mixed it all around.

Went in my fridge to get my jam and saw salsa. Mild. I thought, hey, why the hell not? So I threw in about a spoonful and just mixed and heated so the cold salsa wouldn't be cold and it was well mixed.


The texture is really good tonight, and I like them with the salsa too actually. Quite good. I'm def gonna experiment with this again.

1 comment:

  1. You're a babe. I love your blog user name, my friend just started a music project named the same thing, probably because it's one of the best albums evarrr. I love reading about your cooking conquests and now having an image to pair them with. Try to make it to Brian's Birthday Breakfast Bash (woah alliteration), I think I might make something that doesn't suck. Thank you for the dedication.

    Best,

    Tara

    ReplyDelete