Saturday, October 31, 2009

schwenty 4

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I have a surprise for my probably 1 reader (maybe 2).


I woke up around 1, and just got done making homefries and mashed potatoes.

Homefries:

1 yukon gold, peeled
3 Red potatoes, unpeeled (also, smallish)


Parboiled in salted water. Frying pan. salt. pepper. oil. high heat. more pepper. more pepper. cover. (did I mention more pepper?)

1/4 a white onion, roughly chopped. 1 clove of garlic, roughly chopped. some green pepper (new ingredient!!!) roughly diced.

After a time, lower heat, uncover and throw those bad boys in. with more salt. and pepper. and pepper. and pepper.

cook. I added a little (well accidentally kinda a lot) of pickle juice.

They're still pretty good. I cooked them a little too long, I can tell by the color of the green pepper.


The mashed potatoes turned out good too. Yummy way to start the day.



(phone camera photograph. dedicated to gary granger <3)

6 comments:

  1. Pickle Juice!!!!
    Joseph, you are a pioneer of the Homefries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PHOTO! :-)
    Delicious looking and sounding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahah i love this
    i feel so inspired
    and i've decided to NOT make hashbrowns after all. you've shown me to be classier than that

    ReplyDelete