Wednesday, October 21, 2009

SPECIAL EVENT

Just saw Andrew Bird & St. Vincent.


St. Vincent first:

She is tiny. She is pale. She is beautiful. She is the angel of death. They were really awesome (her + the band). No one (sans Brian and I) moved. The guy next to me yelled at me :( Stupid hipsters. Except he was a dad. Anyways when she was playing "The Marrow" I totally pictured her in body worlds surrounded by cross sectioned bodies. It was really awesome. She makes such scary music. Also, it almost seemed like she wanted no one to dance (like on of those "artsy bands") BUT I think she was really just waiting for Brian and I to H-E-L-P her and Save her, save her from what she wants. blah blah she's hot.

Andrew Bird:

Setlist:
Cannonade
Water Jet Cliche
Sweet Breads (original "Dark Matter)
Why?
A Nervous Tic Motion of the Head to the Left
The Giant of Illinois
Effigy
Tenuous
Masterfade
Anonanimal
Natural Disaster
Trimmed+Burning
Happy Birthday Song
Lusitania (NEW SONG! He played it with Annie. So beautiful)
MARRY ME (Andrew & Annie..I want them to make babies)
Sycthian Empires (full band, absolutely amazing)
Tables & Chairs (also full band & so incredible)
*everyone leaves stage*
Andrew & Annie return

Oh Sister (Bob Dylan Cover)
*Annie leaves*

WEATHER SYSTEMS (so basically this is my favorite Andy B song and I was like so sure he wasn't gonna play it and shit and I wanted to request it but didn't want to ruin the show and basically then he just played it and I died. Amazing way to close the show)

So he played about 2 hours and the material really came from everywhere. it was so excellent. he is amazing. Really just beautiful. I took I think 2 30 second videos that I'll link here eventually.



OH ALSO WTF HE'S BEEN HERE FOR TWO DAYS BIKING AROUND. SHIT I WISH I HAD SEEN HIM. FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
ps this is unrelated to homefries.

4 comments:

  1. lol, joe its like this is turning into a blog now.

    like a real one, and not just homefries.

    which your updates went from very verbose, detailed descriptions to

    "i made them. they were ok. bye."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to say, this is probably one of my favorite posts.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. the best thing about andrew bird shows, is he assembles the songs right in front of you, so you don't know whats coming until he has two or three loops going and hes singing "five day forecast brings black tar rains and hell fires..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're absolutely right matt. Scythian empires was absolutely incredible. It was amazing...just doesn't compare to the first time you see him though.

    I feel like I already knew what was coming cos I'd seen him before, but your first AB experience is magical.

    And yeah when he was playing loops and shit about 5 songs flew through my head each song haha.

    ReplyDelete