Friday, October 9, 2009

Day 7

Today was a very odd day. It was a flipflopper today.

Breakfast at amy's place with margery stewart baxter was delicious. had lentils con broccoli, homefries and wheat toast. oh and 4-5 cups of coffee. I lost count.

Organic was awesome, physics boring. Went bike shopping. Found a touring bike at Rick's. It's new, and $1100. Kind of expensive. Add on the other costs (I want a front rack, saddle bags, some other stuff...) it's gonna be around $1700. I want a good bike for biking to Texas though.

Analytical. hm. quiz was so-so. I only lost 4 points on the part 2's of the test. don't know my grade yet though.

OH YEAH I LOST MY BUS PASS. fuck fuck fuck.

anyways, started my home fries at 8:30 PM.

three potatoes (variety? "white" as the bag said...I got them from my mom's downstairs so they're just a sack of like Tops brand potatoes) cubed. Threw them in boiling water and waited for it to come back to a full boil (about 2 minutes). Drained them. 1-2 TBSP butter, melted. Threw in the potatoes. cooked covered with some salt and pepper. One clove garlic and one sweet purple onion chopped. Salted and peppered right on the cutting board (I have this weird idea in my head that the salt starts drawing the water towards the surface if you salt them first before throwing them in...).

After the potatoes cooked about 10-15ish minutes (pretty brown) I threw in the onion and garlic with some paprika and "Fine Herbes"...It's a jar of herbs that's been around our house for like forever. It has rosemary basil oregano marjoram...basically you should be throwing it into pasta sauce. So anyways cooked it all up for about 5ish minutes, threw in a squirt of franks and plated.


I liked the texture...they were cooked perfectly I think. Anyways, not much flavor. at all. smelled like taco seasoning (paprika for ya...)
Also that type of potato is just very bland so yeah...wasn't expecting too much. I'm still kinda hungry so I might make some miso soup. I got a jar of miso today. yeahhhh.

1 comment:

  1. Close but no cigar? I too attempted a complicated meal recently and found it less than fulfilling... then resorted to miso soup.
    We have far too much in common to be two separate people.

    ReplyDelete